Effectively Handling Family Law Matters With Honesty And Integrity

Modifying Or Enforcing Your Divorce Decree

After working so hard on finalizing your divorce, it can be frustrating when you either need to modify it for your ever-changing life or try to keep your ex-spouse from changing it. When you are trying to protect your best interests, regardless of what side of the attempted modification you are on, you deserve the help of a skilled attorney.

At the Hollywood office of Splitsville Family Law, you can get the skilled and dedicated representation of Florida attorney Rand Lieber. With more than 25 years of legal experience, he knows every corner of the laws surrounding divorce modifications and can help you secure the outcome you are looking for.

When Is A Modification Appropriate?

A spouse cannot modify a decree just because they do not like it; there needs to be a valid reason for the modification. Several reasons include:

  • Considerable changes in income
  • A spouse receiving alimony getting remarried
  • An increase in the cost of health care expenses
  • The desire to relocate for work or another necessary reason

With a valid reason to modify a divorce decree, a person can file a petition to modify an agreement to either change child support or alimony values, gain permission to relocate or change a time-share arrangement. Attorney Lieber can help you with all aspects of your divorce, including modifying a finalized one.

Pursuing The Outcome You Need

Whether you are fighting to change your decree or trying to keep things as they are, the guidance of attorney Lieber can be a valuable asset. Call to schedule your initial consultation today at 754-277-2272 or email him here today.